Saturday, September 10, 2011

 

That Day

On the morning of September 11, 2001 a business associate called me from his home in Wisconsin and asked me if I was watching the TV. I replied that I hadn't even gotten up yet, what with being on the west coast two time zones behind him.

"Well get up and turn it on" he said, "looks like we're at war. Not sure with whom just yet but I guess we'll find out soon enough." He told me that a plane had flown into the World Trade Center and it seemed intentional from the latest reports. We talked for another few minutes before we said goodbye and I began wondering if I should keep my son home from school.

As I watched the first tower being consumed in an inferno live on CNN, another plane slammed into the second tower at 500 miles per hour.

3,650 days have passed since then. It has been an unimaginable ordeal for countless and mostly unheralded heroes from that day on, and the fight continues against the animals who struck that day.

And now I pray for Western civilization every day.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?