Wednesday, July 22, 2009

 

Obama: Come To Think Of It, It IS About Me

With Any Luck Dept.

Barack Obama, July 20, 2009: "This isn't about me".

Barack Obama, July 22, 2009: "This is all about me".

I've long asserted that the truth behind any prepared statement by president McJugears lies in its exact opposite. Some examples:

"Hope";
"Change";
"This is not the _______ I knew";
"I don't want to punish your success";
"I have never been a proponent of single payer health care";
"I have always said __________";
"I have never said __________";
"I welcome a vigorous and open debate";
"I have always been for _________";
"I have always been against _________";
"Office of the President-Elect";
"I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear";
"My plan will rescue the economy and keep unemployment below 8 percent";
"This stimulus bill has no pork and not a single earmark";
"I am not doing this for reasons of politics";
"I really don't want to run __________";
"Make no mistake: this is not about _________";
"I will never hide the truth";
"My administration will be the most open and transparent ever";
"The check's in the mail, and I love you".

And my personal fave: "Words mean something; you can't just make stuff up".

So I laughed until I stopped when Opey declared, "This is not about me".

Au contraire:

A telling episode recounted by Senate Finance ranking member Charles Grassley reveals the Obama administration might be more worried than they are letting on that a Republican senator's comparison of the healthcare overhaul to Waterloo might be dangerously close to the truth.

Grassley said he spoke with a Democratic House member last week who shared Obama's bleak reaction during a private meeting to reports that some factions of House Democrats were lining up to stall or even take down the overhaul unless leaders made major changes.

"Let's just lay everything on the table," Grassley said. "A Democrat congressman last week told me after a conversation with the president that the president had trouble in the House of Representatives, and it wasn't going to pass if there weren't some changes made ... and the president says, 'You're going to destroy my presidency.' "

Senator Grassley, sir, please do it. Now. For America. For All Nancy Pelosi's Children.

HT: Jammiewearingfool via Ace

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?