Monday, April 27, 2009

 

Expired, Again

Another expired Obama campaign pledge.

Feb. 23 2008:

I will make sure that we renegotiate, in the same way that Senator Clinton talked about. And I think actually Senator Clinton's answer on this one is right. I think we should use the hammer of a potential opt-out as leverage to ensure that we actually get labor and environmental standards that are enforced. And that is not what has been happening so far.

That is something that I have been consistent about. I have to say, Tim, with respect to my position on this, when I ran for the United States Senate, the Chicago Tribune, which was adamantly pro-NAFTA, noted that, in their endorsement of me, they were endorsing me despite my strong opposition to NAFTA.
April 20, 2009

The Obama administration said on Monday that it had no plans to reopen negotiations on the North American Free Trade Agreement to revise its labor and environmental provisions, as then-Senator Barack Obama promised to do during his presidential campaign. 'The president has said we will look at all of our options, but I think they can be addressed without having to reopen the agreement,' said Ronald Kirk, the United States trade representative.
"We will look at all of our options." The president actually said that. Wow. What vision. What Gigantic Presidential Cajones. "We will look at all of our options." Think about that. Now THAT is Awesome with a capital "O".

Obama. Only Obama.

Do you smell unicorns? Too?

The Armenians sure do.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?