Wednesday, February 18, 2009

 

Whacking Idiots

"Didn't want to. Felt I... owed it to them."
~Judge Elihu Smails

Big Hollywood's Mr. Wrestling IV writes about dealing with friends and co-workers stricken with the latest idiocy-induced psychosis:

Another friend slowly transformed in front of my eyes during the last election season from a trusted friend, with whom I had had many agreeable discussions over the past eight years about issues like the threat of Islamic terrorism, excessive taxation, and the dangerous Bush Derangement Syndrome afflicting so many of our colleagues, into an unrecognizable Sarah Palin-hating Obamatron, unwilling to listen to any criticism of The One, and parroting mainstream media talking points that only months before we had both ridiculed.

The first red flag appeared to me when he spoke with contempt about Sarah Palin — which I will admit, I simply cannot bear. Sarah Palin reminds me of my mother, who came from nothing and earned everything she has. If you disagree with Palin’s policies or opinions substantively, I can handle that. But call her stupid, and I see red. It’s like saying “Yo Momma” to me. Mrs. Palin is exactly the kind of citizen politician our forefathers envisioned. She is a decent, normal, beautiful American woman from a small town who worked her way through college without the benefits of wealth, pedigree, or (ahem) Affirmative Action, who then climbed the political ladder, being rewarded by voters for her job performance, and became Governor of her state.

Sarah Palin has been a mother (of 5), a small business owner, a mayor, a governor, and the point guard on her high school state championship basketball team. That means she has run a family, a business, a town, a state, and an OFFENSE, for God’s sake. And she was running with McCain against Obama and Biden, three Senatorial blowhards, each of whom had only ever run one thing: his mouth.

The last straw was when he sent me one of those chain emails which listed all of Obama’s “accomplishments,” such as they were, and then concluded that the only possible reason anyone could not support Obama was racism. I told him that since I did not agree with Obama on any issue he could name, and judging by the conversations we’d had over the years that he didn’t either, then if either of us was voting based on race, it had to be him and not me.

Then after some fruitless back and forth, I realized he was gone. The friend I had known didn’t really exist anymore. He was ready to reward the party that had called our President a liar, a loser, and a terrorist, and called our brave soldiers killers, with control of every branch of government because he had succumbed to the Hope and Change cult. So I put him out of his (and my) misery.

I took him out behind my address book and whacked him.
I've done this myself. It's part of my personal philosophy and it works like a charm. It makes room in life for the positive, and I'll do it again whenever I have to and to anyone who deserves it, because Mom was right: life is "too fucking short".

Some might say it's a shame to lose friends and loved ones over politics, the "some" being those who have been whacked. But they have two crucial things in common: they brought it on themselves, and they deserved it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?