Friday, May 23, 2008

 

The Two Faces Of Barack Obama, Part 5,287

Via Gateway Pundit:
Barack Obama toasting his good friend Rashid Khalidi upon Khalidi's appointment to a position at Columbia University. Among the benefits of his close friendship with Khalidi, Obama said in his toast, had been

consistent reminders to me of my own blind spots and my own biases... It's for that reason that I'm hoping that, for many years to come, we continue that conversation -- a conversation that is necessary not just around Mona and Rashid's dinner table, ...but around this entire world.
Barack Obama telling his Jewish audience in Florida yesterday that hey, he barely knew the guy:

Let me respond to the question. My... uh, uh, uh, The assumption- I think the general question was that the, uh... Are there past associations of mine that would be troublesome to the Jewish community... Well, you mentioned Rashid Khalidi who's a professor at Colombia. I do know him because he taught at the University of Chicago and he is Palestinian. And, I do know him and I have had conversations. He is not one of my advisors. He is not one of my foreign policy people.
More Gateway Pundit:

Obama also did not mention that the Khalidis held a fundraiser for Obama's unsuccessful congressional bid in 2000.

Obama also did not mention that he helped funnel tens of thousands of dollars to Khalidi's anti-Israel Arab American Action Network.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?