Tuesday, February 13, 2007

 

Updated: Christofascists 2, Angry Leftards 0

Via Ace:
Amanda Marcotte resigns from Edwards campaign, remains angrily defiant, or defiantly angry, not sure which. Meanwhile, Catholics have engaged Marcotte with some of that sweet, sweet "satire" she loves so much:



As usual, Michelle Malkin has a great roundup.
Bryan at Hot Air: "Marcotte vows revenge. For…being quoted accurately? Sheesh."
And your little dog, too!

UPDATE
The other shoe has dropped: Melissa McEwan of Shakespeare's Sister has announced her resignation from the now thoroughly-doomed John Edwards campaign. Whatever. Truth is, as soon as these two sewer-mouthed poseurs signed on with Edwards, it was already very much over for the Silky Pony. I felt a twinge of compassion for the man when I first learned Marcotte and McEwen had joined the campaign, but that soon disappeared.

I'm talking nanoseconds.

Here's the meat of McEwan's "resignation announcement":

I understand that there will be progressive bloggers who feel I am making the wrong decision, and I offer my sincerest apologies to them. One of the hardest parts of this decision was feeling as though I'm letting down my peers, who have been so supportive.

There will be some who clamor to claim victory for my resignation, but I caution them that in doing so, they are tacitly accepting responsibility for those who have deluged my blog and my inbox with vitriol and veiled threats. It is not right-wing bloggers, nor people like Bill Donohue or Bill O'Reilly, who prompted nor deserve credit for my resignation, no matter how much they want it, but individuals who used public criticisms of me as an excuse to unleash frightening ugliness, the likes of which anyone with a modicum of respect for responsible discourse would denounce without hesitation.

This is a win for no one.
Yeaahhh. With the notable exception of every adult on Earth.

Confederate Yankee:

I don't think I've read enough of her blog to know much about McEwan, but I can say this: she exhibited more class and dignity than Marcotte, even as I find it somewhat ironic that someone who calls my fellow Christians "christofascists" accuses others of unleashing "frightening ugliness, the likes of which anyone with a modicum of respect for responsible discourse would denounce without hesitation."

They did denounce the frightening ugliness, Melissa. You should know.

You wrote much of it yourself.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?